Sunday, August 19, 2012

School Days

The wife and I just had a quick cry.  Missing the grandparents who have already gone to heaven – a quick flood of emotions as we remember the happy times and mourn that our little one will never get to meet them in this life.  As we hugged, I was reminded just how grateful I am to be married to her.  A friend was recently sharing about how the blessings are found in the little things in her marriage and I am struck by that this evening.  The Lord reveals himself in so many ways in the day to day happenings of my union with my wife.  I see Him when we are being goofy with each other.  I see Him when she knows I need a hug and she is right there to give it to me.  I see Him when I am annoyed at her and choose to love her anyway.  Every day, I grow as a man because of her love and because of the ways in which she calls me to love more deeply.  I am truly thankful to the Lord for the life he has given me and all the blessings that come with it.

On another note, tomorrow is the first day of school!  I can't believe it's time to start a new year with new little ones to teach and love.  I can't help but miss my kiddos from last year as I psyche myself up for all of the new challenges that come with a new group of students.  I get to start all over and teach them how to be little people who will be unrecognizable eight months from now.  I keep thinking of all of the tasks that need to be accomplished when I get to school early tomorrow morning.  I pray that the Lord will help me to see Him beyond all of the distractions and focus on loving all seventeen of my little ones.


Lord, give me the strength to love as you love.  Help me to always give freely of myself to my wife and to our child.  Help me to remember lovingly those who have gone before me and allow me to show our son all of the love they showed me in my life.  Thank you for all of the little blessings throughout my days.  Help me to recognize and be truly thankful for your presence in my life.  Be with me as I start a new school year.  Allow me to always see Your face in the face of each child I encounter.  Help me to take pride in my work and always do my best.  Be with me always.

Amen

No comments: