Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day

Well, here we are in the midst of Election Day 2012. I can say with all certainty that part of me will be very glad to wake up tomorrow-whatever the outcome-because I won't have to endure all of the charged political ads that have even invaded Pandora and Facebook. I am also very anxious about what the future holds for our country. I know that I need to simply trust in the Lord-that He will provide for my needs, the needs of my family, and the needs of His Church. However, I can't help but sometimes feeling downright scared about the future. As the wife and I have watched some of the debates, experienced the campaigns, and checked out voting records, I am sure of one thing only. Regardless of today's results, I need to pray for our country. A lot. Especially as we prepare to bring a son into this world. I hope that our son will grow up in a country that is better than the one I grew up in and better than the one I live in now. But on this Election Day, I simply offer a prayer for those who will be elected and for all of the tough decisions they will have to make.

Lord, please bless today's election. Bless all those who voted, all those who will vote and all of the candidates. Whatever the outcome, help us to trust completely in Your providence.
Amen.

No comments: